Cloud Security and Governance – Mind the Security Gap Workloads are migrating to the Cloud with…
CASB – Cloud Access Security Broker
Cloud Access Security Brokers (CASB) provide visibility and control of cloud-based services for organisations of all size. Over recent years, the number of vendors have increased along with the overall capabilities of the solutions on offer.
Why are CASB’s so important to an organisation?
With traditional endpoints and network boundaries constantly in flux, a growing number of cloud services are accessed through unmanaged devices, through networks for which corporate IT traditionally have no visibility on.
CASB provide organisations’ with a critical control point for cloud consumption across an organisation.
They address a number of gaps within an organisation and provide:
- Data Security
- Threat Protection; and
- An Enterprise Integration point.
Over the coming years Secure-ISS envision that CASB will become a critical component of all Security programs. Further, to leverage all that CASB has to offer, such solutions should be integrated into the existing Security program solution ecosystem (monitoring and processes).
Including but not limited to:
- Security information and event management (SIEM) solutions, for incident correlation, monitoring log management
- Identity and access management (IAM)/IDaaS solutions for organisation wide user and cloud identity
- Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions for device health and risk posture
- User and entity behavior analytics (UEBA) for integrating on-premises and cloud-based usage analytics; and
- Data Loss Protection (DLP) solutions for consistent application of policy across on-premises and cloud.
Secure-ISS work with a number of leading CASB vendors and can assist organisations on their CASB journey. From Planning, Evaluation, Deployment and Implementation through to ongoing management, leverage Secure-ISS expertise to ensure that CASB solutions deliver from a Security posture, business and financial perspective.