All business requirements are unique, so there is no one size/solution to fit all businesses. Therefore, the selection and deployment of the right product set depends on the business size, risk appetite, available budgets, compliance requirements, internal resources (available for management, monitoring and response activities) and workload use cases.
Outside of features and capabilities of the various vendors, a number of operational metrics should be included within the evaluation criteria.
Secure-ISS recommend the inclusion of the following:
- Ease of Deployment
- Ease of Management
- Ease of Monitoring
- Support and Maintenance resourcing (onshore/ offshore)
- Operating System Support (and features available on each platform)
- Whether the solution will be provided by a third party managed service provider
- Does your business require Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR) features
- (Accurate) Detection Rates for the solution (there are many third party sites that conduct independent tests